| || |
19" BAHNHAUSLE w/ INLAY
8 DAY MOVEMENT
- 13" W x 19" H x 6" D
- Bahnhausle with Inlay
- 8 Day Movement Cuckoo Clock
- Beautifully hand carved from wood
- Four-Color Marquetry Pattern
- Imported from the Black Forest of Germany
- Cuckoo's once on each 1/2 hour
& each hour the number of hours.
- Precision Brass 8 Day weight driven movement
- Pine Cone finish cast iron weights
- Wood Carved Pendulum
- Manual night-shut off switch
- Manufacturer: Romba & Haas
- 2 Year Warranty
The Bahnhäusle design has been an incredibly popular design since 1850. Friedrich Eisenlohr of Furtwangen, Germany first submitted the design as part of a contest for the Grand Duchy of Baden. His inspiration was a railroad guard's house overrun by vines and leaves.
When the clock strikes the hour or half-hour the door opens, a cuckoo appears and calls along with the clock's gong strike.
This clock is hand made in the Black Forest in Germany. The mechanical brass movement is driven by two weights and time escapes with the tick of a traditional pendulum. The cuckoo call sound is made by two wooden whistles with bellows inside the clock case.
Even the packaging has old-world charm, as only paper is used. The factory packing is all made with renewable materials. This clock makes a great gift for the young and old alike. Perfect for modern or traditional decor!
The Bahnhäusle design is very popular.
See Video below of the clock too!
Click here for closeup pictures
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .
|Also In This Category|